Friday, February 27, 2015

nothing holding...


I am really excited about my show. WHICH OPENS NEXT FRIDAY!!!  Even though it is a small space it feels good.

This work is so new and such a shift for me that I am looking forward to seeing it on a wall in a gallery and getting some feedback.  I do not know if I have ever shown such "still figuring it out" work before and it feels exhilarating and scary and wonderful.  I hope that I am happy with how it turns out and hope that I get everything done.

(image from scary moment where I decided to smear graphite powder all over a drawing I had spent over a month on. It was terrifying but hopefully the end result is good.)

It will be so strange to have all this new work out of my studio for a month and me with "nothing" to do.  I am hoping to tie up some loose end pieces. Ones that have never been met to completion so that...
when the work returns I can totally dive into this new direction without anything holding me back. That is something I really look forward to.

I will try to share some install pictures next week. Ack.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very exciting news

niki said...

Can't wait to see!

Joetta M. said...

thanks so much for the words of encouragment:)