Wednesday, January 21, 2015

blur, amazing, time


Where am I? In a blur of the new year. I feel like for most of is it is a bit of a blur after the holidays and getting back into the swing of normal. But it seems like an especially long journey for me this year... but for all good reasons.  Today is my first entire studio day in MY studio since Christmas week.  Wow time flies.

The residency, the residency it was amazing, just what I needed, a wonderful community, time, conversation, space, amazing. I am still totally unfurling all the experiences and relationships that I made there and probably will be for a long time to come.  As a mama to a little person these magical spaces are rare and hard to make work but... once again I was reminded of how essential they are to the soul of an artist and maker.    Truly the best part, besides the obvious time to make work, was the conversation. Having good, smart discourse about art for hours and hours was like water to a drying plant.  I sucked it up and felt like I was coming alive again,

All magic ends and reality returns but right now my reality is bursting at the seams with stuff. Good stuff that I want to share about here. Good art seen, good things read, good things happening but they all fill my days so quick the time is gone like a flash or I am distracted by cuddles with the little person.

But in short....

I have been looking at lots of lines.
Went to an excellent crit group that I am excited about. The crit of my new drawings gave me so much to think about.
Trying to figure out what I need to finish and frame for my show in March.
Trying not to forget to ship my art this month to the San Jose Museum of Quilts and...
Buying way to much graphite and drawing supplies at the art store.
Deciding what I need to spend time researching.
Wishing I could fit in a visit to the city, ya know my old home.
Getting ready to teach.
mama.
job.
wife.

so you see my time dilemma:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Below you could constantly go with solutions that include genuine UNITED STATE Facebook Suches as for including beauty into your facebook ID. buy usa likes

Organic Facebook Likes said...

The post is very nice. I just shared on my Facebook Account.

Buy Facebook Page Likes said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.