Friday, November 14, 2014

pencils out


I spent yesterday morning in the studio. I went in with the intention of stitching but just kind of did not feel like it. I have been playing with the idea of doing a series of drawings of slightly torn or damaged areas of fabric. I had done a quick experimental drawing a week or 2 ago....

Well I had happened to bring a piece of large-ish paper from my house that day so thought lets try it for real.

So I spent 2 hours starting a drawing of the above image of the above object that is in my studio. I will post pics of the drawing itself later. But I am sooo excited. It was so nice to get lost in the drawing. It was also great to have this medium that was slower and more hand evident then my photos but way faster then embroidery. I am thinking about an actual real serious series of the drawings.

Image of it soon. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that your back on your bloging feet Joetta, was worring about you for a while. Your posts are always inspiring . xx

Joetta M. said...

thank you, we will see how long I can stay on my feet but it feels good to have a voice and feel excited about my work and space again.
thanks for sticking with me.